Jean Campbell’s background makes her the ideal Certified Accessible Travel Advocate. Not only does she have a MS degree in Education and Therapeutic Recreation from Herbert Lehman College NY, she has 35+ years of experience in developing and delivering education, social and recreation services to children and adults with special needs, including those with physical, cognitive, developmental disabilities, medically compromised conditions, and cancer.
Her personal commitment to children and adults with special needs comes from having a younger brother with a disability.
She has designed and developed over 100 education, social and recreation programs for youth and adults with special needs.
Preschool and Early Childhood Programs
- Education and reading readiness programs
- Summer camps
- Socialization and independent life skills
- A digital website teaching life skills, www.candostreet.com
Community Based Programs
- Recreation programs and continuing education
- Therapeutic horseback riding in conjunction with the NYPD Mounted Unit
- Music Therapy
- ESL for Youth and Adults
- ESL Writing Workshop – 30 hours for intermediate level students – MILESTONE-LIC/SUNY
- ESL Workshops -50 hours for volunteer navigators at intermediate level -Bellevue Hospital
- English for Ma n’ Me Workshops – 40 hours of ESL for non-English speaking preschool children and their mothers (Mandarin speakers) – Henry Street Settlement, NYC
NYS State Funded Developmental Programs
- Desktop publishing for adults with disabilities
- Horticulture therapy
- Dance and music therapy
- Writing workshops
- Computer literacy and desktop publishing
- Social programs, excursions, dinner and theater events
- Founding Director American Cancer Society (ACS) Patient Navigation, Metro NY
- Executive Director, D.E.B.R.A. of America, Inc.
- Dir. of Development Services, Grace Institute, NY
- Founder/Ex. Director of Choices Center, New Rochelle, NY
- Founder/Ex. Director, South East Consortium
- Presented at the Smithsonian on Innovations in Multimedia
- Testified for D.E.B.R.A. of America, Inc. before Congress